Responsible for overseeing the company's cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring.
The cloud architect manages the constantly shifting relationship between the organization's and clients (from government sectors especially Higher Education as well as commercial) technical demands and the capacity to be pulled from the cloud.
Other scope of Work:
• Engages with internal and external stakeholders to direct and facilitate all aspects of the organization/project enterprise cloud architecture, including design, development, deployment and operation.
• To manage vendor relationships -- from defining computing load to negotiating licenses -- and understanding the dynamics of a virtual work environment
• Cloud architects may also be involved in legal areas of cloud computing by negotiating contracts and working alongside legal and procurement departments. Architects ensure service-level agreement requirements are met.
• To deploy your application in a cloud with considerations such as public/private/hybrid cloud, meta-virtualization concepts such as containerization and could also work closely with DevOps / operational teams
• Research, design, and oversee the development, installation and maintenance of all cloud operating systems, cloud storage systems, cloud utilities, and cloud applications software
• Research, design and implement cloud system security strategies, policies, and procedures.
• Establish cloud implementation standards, policies, and procedures. • Conceptualize and implement cloud systems within broad technical or structural frameworks.
• Lead the capacity, performance, and availability planning for cloud based systems.
• Act as a technical expert or lead for all cloud-based development, implementation, and administration
• Degree/Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Information Technology, Engineering or mathematics
• Min 10-15 years in ICT environment with involvement in cloud computing, enterprise architecture & management as well as infrastructure
• A strong understanding of cloud computing technology and infrastructure as well as experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud including In-depth experience in cloud based system design, implementation, analysis, and project management.
• Experience with cloud platforms such as Ali Baba, Amazon, Google or Microsoft Azure.
• Have relevant experience with multiple programming languages, such as Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, among others. • Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• Experience managing data centre operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
• Experience in design, implement and managing private clouds using either one of the technology (VMWARE / Microsoft / OpenStack / CloudStack)
• Experience in integrates tools and services for all areas of cloud computing, such as data and networks.
• Good know-how in client systems and applications, networking, infrastructure, data centers, web tools and technologies, databases and Big Data, ERP etc..
• Possess strong planning and organizing skills to be able to make and manage plans of action
• Communicate clearly, directly and persuasively in writing and in person
Apply by sending your resume to company's email address.
About this company
Prestariang prides itself as a Technology and Talent player within the ICT industry in Malaysia that offers a holistic chain of ICT services. Focused on driving a sustainable and profitable business model, the Company continues to introduce innovative and hybrid business ideas that aimed to transform the business to a new chapter with continuous prospect.